Insurance solutions by Rutledge and associates

Tools and Equipment

Also commonly known as inland marine insurance, or contractor's equipment policy, protects assets which are mobile such as tools and equipment. This sort of coverage is recommended to contractors and other industries where the tools of the trade go with personnel to jobsite(s). It is designed for larger devices such as digging tools, generators, nail guns, welders, and saws. This policy covers 'mobile equipment' not covered through business automotive insurance such as, bulldozers, forklifts, concrete mixers, road graders and backhoes. The policy will cover equipment for a variety of losses, including fire, explosion, vandalism, theft, collision with other equipment or objects, and overturning. Unlike standard property insurance policies, contractor's equipment insurance often covers losses caused by floods and earthquakes.

businesses that would benefit from contractors equipment insurance include:

  • Road pavers
  • Builders
  • Landscapers
  • Loggers
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians
  • Masons
  • Roofers
  • Carpenters
  • Painters
  • Steel erectors
  • Snow and trash removal operators
  • Excavators
  • Mining and agricultural operations