Insurance solutions by Rutledge and associates

  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Impact by a Vehicle
  • Explosion
  • Some water damage
  • Smoke damage

Available endorsements

  • Flood
  • Earthquake
  • Personal umbrella

College students, who may be covered by their parent's homeowner's insurance should have their own policy. In the event of a small loss, such a bicycle or personal electronic, the claim will not be connected to the homeowner's policy and wont effect future premiums. In the event of a large loss, an offsite residence may only receive 10% of the coverage the dwelling has insured. This may not cover all of the assets lost. The renter's policy gives both the parents and the student peace of mind in knowing their belongings are protected and their assets are safe. 

Renter's Insurance

Renter's insurance is also commonly referred to as tenants insurance. Whether you're a college student embarking on dorm life, a college grad embarking on life's newest journeys, saving up to buy a house or an apartment tenant- we have the renter's insurance policy to fit your lifestyle. Tenants need to ensure that they are protected in the event of a loss. It is likely that the landowner of your building or unit has insurance to cover the building in the event of a loss, but this does not equate to your personal belongings being covered under their policy.

Renters insurance covers:

  • Fire or Lightning
  • Windstorm or Hail
  • Freezing of plumbing system

 Renters insurance doesn't cover:

  • Bodily injury or property damage that is expected or intended by the insured
  • Business pursuits
  • Professional services provided or not provided
  • Ownership, operation, use, or maintenance of aircraft, motor vehicles, and certain watercrafts

Rutledge and Associates can customize a policy to fit your needs. Your policy can provide replacement costs of computers, personal electronic devices, art, tools, instruments, furniture, clothing, linens, kitchen ware, and appliances. Should there be any unintentional damage done to the residence or perhaps bodily injury occurs on the property, your policy can cover you if you are found legally liable. If your identity is stolen, your renter's insurance may help cover the costs of obtaining credit bureau reports, filing fees associated with the costs incurred while correcting fraudulent acts to your identity and credit, legal fees, lost wage, and child/elder care expenses.